So I've already learned so much! I can't believe it! I've also learned that I'm super thankful for universal sign language! Bwhahah, try to explain what a stamen is in spanish. Yeah, I know! Wait, now try picturing me gesturing what a stamen is. Oh boy.
Today was really stormy. As Elena and I toured the city for a bit, we got completely soaked. But it was really fun. I learned it's hard to understand spanish when you can't look the person in the eye and watch their lips, when its raining cats and dogs, and when there is a ton of city background noise. I just hope "sí" gets me by and it's not an open-ended question, you know?
But in all reality, mi familia says I am a really good spanish listener and speaker. They say the placement test tomorrow will be so easy for me. Oh god, the placement test. Aye aye aye.
Today I learned that I'm going to really enjoy the food here. We had macaronnes (pasta), gazpacho (cold tomato soup), melones (melons), pan (bread), copa (coffee/cacao pudding), croquetas de queso (fried blue cheese balls), and melocotón (peach). Such a good day! I'm excited to try café con leche (coffee with milk) tomorrow. Real, strong, Spanish coffee. YUM
Skyped with a ton of friends today. Family too. I miss home a lot but I hope to be kept busy in order to ward off any homesickness that may arise. I'm not too worried tho. But now, I need to finally sleep. I've gone what seems like 24 hours without sleep. And tomorrow, I finally get to shower! Hoooray!
Keep me in your thoughts and prayers for my first, real day through my new open door that is Spain.
This is Clara, signing off. Over and out. Paz and love.
I'm glad you're having fun!!!! I love reading your posts so keep them coming!!
ReplyDelete<3 Ali
Great post, honey! We are so happy for you. Hope you got a good night's sleep for that test. We miss you and love you.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhh!!! I love reading your blog. :) It's one of the only things keeping me sane here. Super jealous and hope to skype sometime next week when things settle down a little for the both of us. yayayyy good luck on your placement test!
ReplyDelete