Monday, September 6, 2010

Chapter 11: Summer's Over, First Day of Classes

Hhahha, well summer's at an end, but hakuna matata! I have a whole 4 months of vacation!

Today, Mackenzie and I woke up early to go running around Alcalá! First, I went to the U to find my computer lab card. And I did!! OMG, I'm so happy I just saved 100 Euros! That's like all my airfares! Then, I also found out I did extremely well on my placement test last week! Such a great start to my day.

I met Mack at her place and we jogged/ran through a park near a river by my house. We were in the sunshine among all the mountains and fresh air. It was superb! I also decided to show the Don Quijote park to Mack. There we found exercise equipment. Can you picture us two lifting with tons of cute old Spanish men? Twas so funny! Soon after, I went back to shower and eat yogurt and a mini muffin. Then I got to rest before class at 12:30.

My first class is a Spanish Culture and Civilization class with Carlos Herrero. He's very cute and very Spanish. I'm a little intimidated but I'm sure I'll like the material.

Between then and my next class, I went home for la comida. I had an awesome dish of spaghetti with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and bacon (beicon). It was so yummy, you have no idea! It was drowning in a light olive oil which really knocked me outta my socks. And of course, watermelon for dessert! During lunch today, I spoke with my mamá all about autism, diabetes, and Egypt! Hahha rando!

My second and last class was a class on Spanish Images in Film (or something like that). It was a bit easier than the first class. I really like my professor, Manuel. We spoke about politics and religion in Spain, but it was actually enjoyable. Irony! We watched a film called La Lengua de las Mariposas (Butterfly Tongues). It was so great! The little boy actor was so cute. I totally recommend it to y'all!

Afterwards, we went meandering along Calle Mayor like always. I was looking for school supplies, but I could only find two- or four-ring binders. What's up with that, Europa? Then I resorted to clothes shopping! Found the cutest black and white polka dot strapless dress. See pix later!

When I finally returned home, I Skyped with the Chicago fam. Twas great to see them after the long holiday weekend, one that I unfortunately missed. :) Then I had a dinner of salchichas (basically hot dogs), peach, and yogurt. Simple, yet delightful.

Now, I've decided to call it a night. I hope to fall asleep reading mi tarea (homework). I'm glad to have my routine back. And I'm glad to power down for one night.

This is Clara, signing off. Over and out. Paz and love.

1 comment:

  1. Another fun blog! Hope you had a good nights sleep. We all hit the hay early after so much weekend fun. Lily got a bath so she looks fluffy. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete