Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chapter 19: Daily Life

Hahah, so no more vacation.
Back to school. It's catching up with me. I've been avoiding it. Now I'm stressin' but being semi-productive. I'm proud of myself.
Food update:
I ate zucchini soup yesterday, which was to-die-for! Calabacín is zucchini in spanish. I just love that word.
Today, I had to debone 4 mini white fish for lunch. Never done that before in my life and I hope I never have to again. It was so uncomfortable. I don't like seeing that the thing I'm eating was clearly alive before. Espina is spine. That's what I had to pick out and touch and remove from my teeth. UGHHH. I told them they'd have to debone it and not show me the espina before I eat it again. Cuz I liked the fish taste, just not the process to get to eating it. You know?
Today, my madre and I had a whole conversation about how almonds (almendras) make you fat. Hahah, well I like 'em! I'm looking forward to castañas (chestnuts). She buys them in octubre and they don't engorda (fatten) you. Funny and yummy.

I bought awesome boots today for only 33 E. I think I'm done with my clothing purchases. I've got my new polka dot dress, my red jasmine pants, and now gray, tall, suede boots! HOORAY! Now onto saving my moola.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting Johanna Arias, my compañera (partner) for intercambios. It's where we meet at a cafe for an hour once/twice a week and speak Spanglish to each other. She wants to learn English and I Spanish. I'm nervous/excited, naturally. She's from Columbia, but studying for her doctorate here at the Universidad. She's muy "guapa" (beautiful/handsome) in the words of my professor, Carlos. I wonder if she looks like Shakira. She says she's blonde. :) Maybe we'll go to a karaoke bar and find out. Bwhahah

We leave for our excursion early Friday morning. I hope I can handle it. Being with everyone for that much time may be a bit difficult. But I'm up for the challenge. I'm looking forward to Mérida and it's Teatro Romano (Roman Theatre). We shall see. If I don't write for a while, you'll know why.

P.S. If you're looking for a new music artist, check out Matisyahu. I'm kind of in love with him. He's a jewish reggae singer type. It's interesting, but deep. Trust me. You're welcome.

P.P.S. I just got nominated for Top 100 Outstanding Student Recognition Program for Butler 2010/2011. Not to brag, but HOORAY (again)! Pray for me.

Missing you all.

This is Clara, signing off. Over and out. Paz and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment