Woot woot!! Today was just fabulous. I'm sensing a pattern, eh?
For breakfast, I had awesome toast with mantequilla (butter) and marmalade. And of course, with café con leche. I took another peach for snack.
We first had our last bits of orientation at the university this morning. Nothing much to it.
For siesta, I napped before la comida (lunch). We had a fabulous white bean/tomato, olive, and onion salad along with fried white fish. For dessert, I had another peach and a mini ice cream. I didn't know we had a freezer!
I'm currently on the look out for my computer card for the university. I seem to have misplaced it. However, I need to find it. Otherwise, it's 100 euros to replace! That's an entire Spanish outfit!!
At 3:30, the Butler group took an adventure down to MADRID! We struggled a bit with the trains. They're not unlike Chicago, but the language makes it a bit difficult. It was such a gorgeous day! Cool even. We took the train to Atocha, and from there to Sol, the exact center of Madrid and the country. I stood at 0 Km. So neat! We walked around for almost 5 hours! Mis pies me duelen mucho! My feet hurt so much! And I was dying of thirst pretty much the whole day. But so worth it. I only wish I could remember the names of all the places we visited in order to visit them again, in depth.
I know we visited La Plaza Mayor, El Palacio Real, and more! It was unreal. And the sun was the prettiest feature. I love all the architecture here, and so when the sun is setting behind, it's even better. I can thank my dad for that obsession! Sky and old buildings=perfection. We even got to go to the top of one of the tallest buildings in the city, an art museum. They had an almost 360 degree view of the city as the sun was setting. Please see my Facebook and you'll know why I'm so happy right now.
By the end of it all though, we were getting pretty tired and cranky. We hustled home, past a very busy, dancing Alcalá to eat with our familias and shower. We set out to meet at La Plaza de Cervantes to begin our night. We ventured a little, past the famous cathedral. There we stopped at a very cute, hoppin' bar called Las Ruínas (The Ruins), near a famous discotheque (Can Can). We had a very fun time, although we learned (the hard way) to go out much later. We are not quite Spaniards yet!
We've decided to go shopping in Madrid tomorrow. Apparently, there is a nation-wide sale going on, so we need to finish our shopping now. I hope I don't spend too much. But I would like to get a cute Spanish dress/skirt. We shall see. Now off to bed.
This is Clara, signing off. Over and out. Paz and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment