Hi loved ones!
So this is what blogging feels like, huh?
I thought I'd give it a whirl. Julie Powell may have helped convince me a little this afternoon. And now, I'm also craving boeuf bourguignon.
As most of you know, I'm leaving for Madrid, Spain this Tuesday, August 31, 2010. I am more than excited, but of course, immensely nervous. This is a HUGE step for me. My life will never be the same again.
I'm struggling to sleep. My brain won't shut off. I'm always imagining what my life will be come Tuesday.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Now, I'm in the middle of the packing frenzy. You know, the heinous ritual of throwing your clothes and toiletries in a corner, trying not to think about what you might forget? It's hard to fathom what living out of two teeny suitcases for 3.5 months will be like. Wish me luck!
I'm trying to quick relearn the last 8 years of Spanish classes I've had. Those skimpy, laminated Sparknotes cards really do come in handy. How embarrassing. You'd think with all this insomnia, Sparknotes would send me into a deep slumber, but no. So I'm off to the pillows, only to lay awake for hours dreaming of the Spain in my head.
This is Clara, signing off. Over and out. Paz and love.
Claire, i know exactly what you mean by not being able to sleep!! I'm glad I'm not the only one :) You're gonna have such a great time, and I will definitely be venturing over to Spain to visit you and Maggy and whoever else is there! Have a great time!
ReplyDelete