Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chapter 22: Aranjuez

Here's a shortie!

Today, after only 4 hours of sleep (fun night last night), we traveled to Aranjuez, a small town to the south of Madrid, obsessed with strawberries (fresas). It only took 1.32 hours to get there by train!

Today's weather was perfect! High of 77 degrees and sunny! Just right for a day at the palace and royal gardens. Please take a look at the newest pictures! Simply fabulous. I only wish I could have taken pix inside the palace! Isabel II had such great, ornate taste. I plan to redecorate my room when I get back home in December. She'd be so proud. I'm thinking everything gold and blue, velvet, silk, and lace, huge mirrors and pianos in every corner, frightening paintings of Jesus on each wall, life-size fluffy pillow, marble floors, windows everywhere, a mini courtyard perhaps, and my very own collection of carriages, armor, clothing, armoires, etc. You know, not too much, but just right. I'm very modest these days, after all.

So to say the least, it was an adventure. I would have loved to be of noble blood, back in the day, on a Wednesday. I'd stroll the gardens everyday in Sunny Spain and be waited on, hand and foot. I'd have tiny animals and children serenade me with every step. Let's throw some huge grape leaf fans in there too. I'd need some sparrows to carry the super long train of my spectacular dress. Hhaha, ahem, okay, I'm done fantasizing. One day...maybe...At least I soaked up some rays (tomar sol). Sadly my traveling companions didn't want to stay longer, so I was somewhat obligated to accompany them back to Alcalá. But I'd still say it was an enjoyable, successful, short & shweet day.

I'm back home now, about to start on homework. I'm a bit feverish (fiebre-ish) and tired, so I plan to stay the night in. I'm actually looking forward to taking it easy. Just picture me, under the covers, reading Gabriel García Márquez, Emilia Pardo Bazán, and more spanish literature. What a life I live, huh?

Think of me often. Pray for me twice as often.

This is Clara, signing off. Over and out. Paz and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment